Originally located on the West pier of the
Portage River entrance between 1874 and 1952, this two-story structure was
relocated to B-pier on what was then D.B. Jeremy's & Sons Marina, who were
contracted to perform the removal.
In the fall of 2011 Brands' Marina
made the decision to donate the lighthouse to the city of Port Clinton. While
we're sorry to see it go, we feel it will be of greater benefit to the city if a
project was undertaken to fully restore the lighthouse and place it in a more
publicly accessible location.
As of Summer
2014, terms of the lease for the city property
on the North shore of Waterworks Park are being
ironed out between the Lighthouse Conservancy
Group, the City and the State of Ohio. The
almost completely restored Lighthouse is
currently located inside one of Brands' Marina's
workshops at Brands' Boatworks awaiting its
final transport to its permanent location.
Please check our
facebook page for current articles and
videos on the restoration efforts and please
consider making a donation to the
Port Clinton Lighthouse Conservancy
to the top
Dry dock |
Contact Lighthouse |
451 West Lakeshore Dr.
Port Clinton, Ohio 43452
Service - (419) 734-4212 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright: ©1997-2013 Tack Anew, Inc., dba Brands'
Marina Website Design:
Blockhaus Graphics ©1997-2013
Postcards (circa 1957-8) given to
us by Dennis & Dianna McCune
Photos by Dalton Brand 1999